Thursday, September 19, 2024

Badger Catholic approved for funding

Badger Catholic received funding eligibility for the next two years in a unanimous Student Service Finance Committee vote Monday.

Badger Catholic provides programs including service trips and peer faith counseling, according to its website.

SSFC representatives said Badger Catholic had followed eligibility guidelines because they clearly laid outlined the time spent directly serving students, which is over half of their programming.

“It is very clear that they indeed provide … direct services to all students regardless of what kind of faith they are,” Rep. Callen Raveret said in a discussion period.

Later in the meeting, Chair David Vines gave an update on an appeal the MultiCultural Student Coalition filed against SSFC. MCSC sent the complaint last week after being rejected for funding eligibility. Among other issues, the organization raised objections to confusion in the appeals process.

Associated Students of Madison Press Secretary Grace Bolt said MCSC’s first appeal did not comply with processes ASM has set. Vines said MCSC has been given five additional days to file a new appeal.