Thursday, September 19, 2024

'Share the Wonderful' fundraising campaign aims to raise $11 million

The Wisconsin Alumni Association will invite University of Wisconsin-Madison alumni and university supporters to ‘Share the Wonderful’ in its second annual fundraising campaign, which starts in October and runs through December.

The ‘Share the Wonderful’ campaign was launched in Oct. 2012 and exceeded its $10 million-dollar goal, raising $10.2 million, according to the release. The WAA’s goal for 2013 is $11 million.

‘Share the Wonderful’ is a coordinated effort between WAA, the UW Foundation and the university to streamline requests for donations, according to the release.

The ‘Share the Wonderful’ website allows donors to direct their donation to a specific fund and choose an amount starting at $10. The website also features a word game that provides a set of words related to the university users can choose from to make messages about what the university means to them, according to the release.

“The deep passion Wisconsin alumni feel for their alma mater is one of our great advantages, and we hope that passion can translate into regular annual gifts to support the university,” UW Foundation President and CEO Michael Knetter said in the release.