Friday, September 20, 2024

International Education Week kicks off on campus Monday

International Education Week at the University of Wisconsin-Madison kicks off Monday and will include a weeklong series of events, including a visit from Diplomat in Residence for the Midwest Ian Kelly.

The U.S. Department and State Department of Education are sponsoring International Education Week, which recognizes the benefits of global education and promotes programs that prepare American students for a universal background.

“Today, international education touches all majors and fields of study,” Guido Podestà, interim vice provost and dean of the Division of International Studies said in a release. “Every student needs to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to succeed in an increasingly diverse, interconnected world.”

Some of the events on campus will include an international resource fair Monday where students can learn about university programs with an international focus and a reception Tuesday where former Peace Corps volunteers will share their experiences abroad.

Ambassador Kelly will participate in a variety of informational sessions during his time on campus and will also host a lecture Tuesday on the U.S. and the East-West Divide.

A full listing of events can be found here.