Monday, September 30, 2024
Wisconsin Mens Soccer vs Marquette79.jpg

Wisconsin men’s soccer draws against Washington in scoreless match

The Badgers’ stellar defense earned them another shutout on Friday night against the Huskies in Seattle.

The No.8 Wisconsin Badgers traveled to play No.30 Washington Huskies on Friday night in Seattle, where both sides shined on defense to force a scoreless draw. 

The Husky Soccer Stadium hosted 1,963 fans for the intense matchup. Wisconsin only managed to put up six shots on the night, and two of them were on target. Similarly, Washington had eight shots, two of which were on goal. That’s a low number for both teams, but especially for Wisconsin, who managed to put up 21 shots with 13 of them on goal just a few weeks back against UCLA. 

The Badgers now hold a 6-1-1 record, where goalkeeper Matisse Hébert has earned a shutout in four of his last eight games The 6-foot-4 freshman from Montreal, Quebec has been a welcome addition to the team this season, maintaining an impressive 0.77 goals against average. Herbert looks to continue his success in his first year, especially with his dependable defense in front of him, including sophomore transfer Ellis Jones, sophomore Ryan Quintos and junior Drew Brown.

Both this tie and their loss were games within their conference, which they look to improve on as the Big Ten Tournament nears.

Wisconsin hopes to find that conference success on Tuesday as they return home to host Indiana at 7 p.m.