Wednesday, October 16, 2024
Mens Soccer V Rutgers-107.jpg

Wisconsin men’s soccer shut out against Michigan State

The Wisconsin Badgers’ struggles against conference opponents continued Friday night as they fell to Michigan State 2-0.

The No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers men’s soccer team gave up two early goals and were unable to respond in Friday's on-the-road match against the Michigan State Spartans, falling 2-0. 

The Badgers are on a four-game winning drought, having previously lost the last three of their four games and tying one 0-0.

The Spartans scored the first goal of the game in the ninth minute and the second followed just 12 minutes later in the 21st minute. While the Badgers outshot the Spartans 12-6, Wisconsin only managed to get two shots off on goal. Michigan State put three shots on goal, ultimately converting two of them.

Wisconsin had their chances offensively with eight corner kicks to Michigan State's two. But with this loss, they still have only collected a single win in their conference, holding a 6-4-1 overall record but a 1-4-1 record in Big Ten play. The Badgers look to turn things around with their remaining four regular season games against conference opponents.

The Badgers will continue on the road, traveling to Evanston, Illinois, to face Northwestern on Tuesday. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.